Thursday, October 6, 2016

Mary Asked Nina: "Hey Nina, I love the cannolis that you have at Positalia.  They are my new favorite dessert! What is your favorite dessert and why?"


Nina:  Hi Mary!  Cannolis are a wonderful memory of where I come from in Sicily.  They are a very popular dessert there.  I create the same flavors in the cream at Positalia as you will find all the way over there.

What's my favorite dessert? Well, I love Italian style ice cream called gelato.
 It's very much like ice cream but creamier.  Made with milk, eggs, sugar and cream, it really is so rich and delicoius.  The first thing I do when I get off the plane in Sicily is visit the cafe and get a big cone of chocolate gelato!  Maybe you will try gelato one day and tell me what you think there are so many flavors to choose from: Vanilla, cookies and cream, caramel, Tiramisu, blueberry, strawberry, just to name a few.  It maybe your newest favorite! 
Bon appetit Mary! 
-Chef Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment